Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where've I been?

It's been seven months since I posted. SEVEN months. Pretty sure that's why I told only five people in the entire universe that I was starting a blog. Plus, by referencing a less-than-perfectionistic personality type in the title of my blog, I gave myself full reign to blame my type-B-ness on why I just couldn't get it done. Yep, I pretty much should have predicted in my first post that this seven month hiatus was going to happen. But that would have taken the suspense out of my return, now wouldn't it?

So, here's a summary of the past seven months:

There was Christmas - we were just the three amigos with me 9 months pregnant!









Then, Tater Tot was born - 1.2.08 weighing in at a tiny 6lb, 14 oz.




Then, I went back to work with a 5 WEEK old.

Somehow, in spite of the insanity of work, the drug best known as Facebook and the months of interrupted sleep, we survived.

But with our Type B life, the fun never ends. Now, we've started a new chapter entitled "Daddy is in California". . .which led me back to my blog tonight. Not only have I found some time to do more than survive, I've been handed a reason to get my nose out of Facebook and onto a blog.

Now I know millions have lived the life of having a travelling spouse for years, but Shaun and I have not. Ever. NEVER. As a matter of fact, we pretty much thrive on our co-dependency. When I type the words "Shaun is going to be in California more-or-less every other week for the next six months," it pretty much feels like a joke that's not at all funny. So, somewhere in the midst of the Fowler family version of "legal day 1," I decided the suspense of when to return to the blog must end. Now. Tonight.

Here's our Type-B life, Shaun, for you to enjoy from afar!

1 comment:

Teaworthy said...

Thanks so much for your comment and for the info about the election day bake sales. Perfect idea! I enjoyed your posts. I too have pretend BFFs, and a facebook addiction. We are kindred spirits. And I work for a firm named Fowler. Thanks again!